Senior UI Designer
As Senior UI Designer, We are looking for a deeply committed individual who will work with us to produce Usable, Intuitive and Intelligent User Interface. They should be able to develop Information Architecture for a variety of Digital Products for a varied set of clients and multiple media.
UVA Digital is also a highly collaborative environment, and we need someone who is excited to work as part of a team to create mind-blowing work. UI Designers should also effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually to our clients. They participate in user testing, build wireframes and functional prototypes, and more, keeping an eye on overall goals while getting their hands dirty at the same time.
What we’d like to see:
- A very strong background with at least 3-5+ years (For Senior) and 2-3+ years (For mid level) of user interface design experience. In addition, a strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- An ability to collaborate. You should be excited to work other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts.
- An advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Mockflow / Balsamiq.
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of the digital media nuances like Responsive Design, grids, resolutions, mobile first etc.
- Good aesthetic sense and understanding of design fundamentals (Doesn’t matter if you went to a design school or not)
- Experience/Keen interest in practicing User Experience Design
- Obsession with design detail to perfection
- Experience/Interest in fundamentals of Web technologies like HTML/CSS3 (Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to be a unicorn and program complex stuff and you will be designing apps/websites but its important to know the medium well)
- Hands on experience with design and mockup tools like Photoshop, Illustrator and Mockflow / Balsamiq.